January 31, 2013

The state school

SO, I go to a state school, and Jane goes to a church school.

Which means she sees things I would never see here and I see things she would never see there.

So we swap stories and it gets pretty entertaining.

So today a kid asked if he could buy me a drink sometime. I don't drink, and I know for a fact that he wasn't old enough to go bar hopping. nice try bud.

and the it was cracking me up that one of the sororities had a quote attributed to Eleanor Roosevelt  painted in their window. "Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, but today is a gift. That's why we call it the present"  I felt it terribly ironic that sweet Eleanor who was not known for her looks or sociability early in her life was inspiring sorority girls to YOLO. I would like to hear her thoughts on that haha.

then, I came home to a flooded apartment.. which unfortunately happens everywhere.. but today it happened here.

carry on.
love, penelope

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...