June 10, 2012

It's Called a Kilt.....Helllooo!

Brownie points if you caught my adapted movie reference.

They say that your brain is so good at adapting that when given a pair of special glasses that turns everything upside down, it takes your brain two days to adjust and it sees everything right side up.

That's basically how I feel after my two days at the Scottish Festival. men in skirts is normal right? haha

On Friday and Saturday, Hiccup invited us to come to a Sottish Festival he was playing his pipes in. so much fun!
This is me laughing at the poor kilted man trying to sit down and be modest. It was really windy. I named him Marilyn. I thought it terribly witty. Him not so much.

My cute sister was my buddy for the day!

So graceful.


The games! 

Caber toss! So cool!

I think this is called sheaf toss. They stab those bags with pitchforks and toss them over bars high in the air.



Cabers, aka huge heavy logs.


Waiting for Hiccups Band to perform! 


It was Sooo windy; our poor hair was beyond help

Here they come. I have video. I will post it soon

Hiccup

What a stud. He was on the News on Friday promoting the games,  His face is blown up on a poster in the deli. He is basically famous.

food is good


Thanks for such a fun day Hiccup!

It was fun to be Scottish for a weekend!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...