March 17, 2013

Fly Me Away

I'm going on a study abroad to England this spring. In six weeks and two days, I will be in Scotland. We'll be hiking all over the place and I really just want to go now.
Who needs school, right?
I am so excited...until I looked at the packing list. Hiking clothes? What? This was all new to me. I mean, give me a pair of jeans and some tennis shoes and I'm good to go.
But no. I have to buy pants like these. Or even these.
Why, oh why. I guess I should forget my vanity. But who wants to ever feel like they're a nine year old boy with ZIP OFF PANTS. Not me, thank you very much.
I just keep telling myself, "Jane, you'll be in England. Who cares if you look like a socially awkward nine year old boy...and smell like one, too?"
I am so ready to go, tho. Despite the pants. Despite the smell and the blisters that are headed my way. When do you get a chance to hike across Great Britain with some pretty amazing people and see where Jane Austen and William Wordsworth and Charlotte Bronte lived and wrote?
So, please, just take me away right now.


2 comments:

  1. honey you will be glad for those pants! haha you can even fill the side pockets with "tots". best. pants ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha, those pants are just super lovely. ;)

    I hope you don't mind me following along on your adventures!

    xo,
    RN

    rachelnicoleblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...